Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The Brazilian Journal of Political Economypublishes articles or papers, small papers, review articles, notes and comments, as well as documents that are in accordance with its Editorial Policies. The Journal does not commission papers but only publishes papers within its field of interest. If they are accepted in this first examination, they shall be peer reviewed and, once approved, shall be published basically according to the order of approval.
- The papers should contain reasonably original economic reasoning and a proper reference to the literature on the subject. Papers that fail to mention the Brazilian and Latin-American authors who have relevantly discussed the subject shall not be accepted. Papers with complex mathematical models resulting from the use of the hypothetical-deductive method are of no interest to the Journal.
- The Journal publishes original papers, in Portuguese or, preferably, in English. The submission of a paper to the Journal should imply that it has not been previously published and is not being considered for another publication. However, the simultaneous publication of a paper in the Journal and in another one, in different languages is allowed.
The submissions will be send to reviewers. In case the article will be approved conditioned to changes, the author(s) should revise the paper using the tool ‘track changes’.
- Papers should not exceed 52,000 characters with spaces, including references, tables, graphs and footnotes. Their title should be short. Papers should include an abstract with no more than 100 words, keywords, JEL classification, the authors’ Orcid ID (https://orcid.org) and a lead-in to the article of 20 words at most.
- Tables should be in Word format, small (just the essential figures) and limited in number. Line graphs or pie charts, in limited number, must be sent in Excel files that are editable. If these graphics are as images, they must have a good resolution of at least 240 Dpi up to 300 Dpi and saved in JPG. They must be pasted in the file or sent in a separate folder. All equations must be compiled using the equation tool of the Word program or the MathType program. The Journal will not accept articles that do not meet these requirements.
- Econometric papers, limited to 52.000 characters with space, must contain the details of the method employed, the econometric tables, and the data used in the analyses; it should also inform the software version and the routines used. Details of the calculations should be sufficient to enable replication by other researchers.
- Review articles consist of a reasonably complete and updated bibliographic review of a certain subject, and may have up to 62,000 characters, spaces included. Small papers should not exceed 10 pages, should be brief, and include a theoretical model. Both are particularly welcome and shall have priority in the publication. Comments are critical analyses of articles published in the Journal; if they are accepted, the author of the commented paper shall be entitled to a reply in the same issue; both the comment and the reply shall not exceed 15,000 characters.
- Quoted papers may be identified in the text or in a footnote. When the quoted text is not the text of the original edition, the date of the original text should appear in the text of the paper; this date should be repeated in the reference, in parentheses, followed by the date of the edition used, in brackets. When phrases are quoted, the page should always be indicated; quotations and references of journal articles should always indicate the volume, the issue, and the number of the initial and final pages of the article. Bibliographies will not be accepted. At the end of the article, the reference should be limited to the quoted papers and should obey the following format:
Marx, Karl (1867 ) O Capital – Livro I. Rio de Janeiro: Civilização Brasileira.
Rangel, Ignácio M. (1981) “A história da dualidade brasileira”, Revista de Economia Política, 1(4): 5-34.
- Articles shall only be submitted to the referees of the Editorial Board as long as they comply with the requirements above and deal with a subject specified in the Editorial Policies.
- The Journal does not charge for submissions. The submission of a paper implies its authorization for publication in the Journal. No copyrights shall be paid.
Manuscripts according to Instruction for Contributors, in word format, shall be submitted at http://www.scielo.br/j/rep. In case you have problems with the submission, please send a message to email@example.com
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.